About Me

I would use two words to describe myself: ambitious bookworm. I'm a writer who has a day job that I happen to love. I have a beautiful daughter, Josie, who is the greatest thing in my life. None of my best friends live in the same state as I do which sucks....it's the reason I started a blog. I love comments so please let me know what you think!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Poems Inspired by 182 & Perce

Shadow Dweller*
Take me home tonight
That home only a stranger knows
Let the curves of my body fall into yours
I don't need love tonight, just a caress from someone who doesn't see the darkness
Keep just a piece of me and be content with that
Don't ask for more because I cannot give it
What's left of me is lodged into another's heart
And should he ever rescue me from the shadows I won't remember your name
Be my brief shining savior and nothing more
Be nothing to me!

Melodious Whispers*
This love of your hands disturbs me as much as your cavity of solitude. You're pushing me away to keep me close and I don't understand how your touch engulfs me. I'm fascinated by your mouth and I cannot remember where we happened or why. You pierce every dark corner that I'd prefer to keep hidden but I won't mind this fragile state of myself if you hold me tight. Two cannot become one in a case such as ours. Don't speak to the masses but shout it to the world and extend the light to those who aren't loved. I cannot shake this aura of doom. It excites my senses but leaves me numb at heart. The melodious whispers frighten me more than I dare say but I'm hooked and there's no separating now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers